Piller's Fine Foods, a division of PBOLP is one of North America’s largest producers of European sausages and deli meats, known for quality products such as Black Forest ham, air-dried salamis and meat snacks.
We are currently seeking applicants for the following positions in our Waterloo facility:
INNOVATION AND PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT TECHNICIAN
Piller’s Fine Foods, a Division of Premium Brands Operating Limited Partnership, is a premier Canadian producer of the finest European-style processed meats with state-of-the-art production facilities throughout Ontario. Our award-winning deli products under the Piller’s brand are sold to grocery and restaurant chains throughout North America.
We are currently accepting resumes for an Innovation and Product Development Technician for our Manufacturing facility located at 443 Wismer Street, Waterloo, Ontario.
The Innovation & Product Development Technician is a full-time permanent position responsible for the development and implementation of new and innovative products, by conducting research to discover, develop and evaluate new meat products.
Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Present innovative proposals for new product development or process improvements. If approved assume responsibility of the project from implementation to finished product
• Perform product and processing tests
• Maintain department policies and procedures to meet legislative and corporate standards
• Coordinate new product set-ups, plant trials, first production and product launch as required
• Provide information to Regulatory Affairs to complete SOP’s, trade specs and approve label designs (as required)
• Responsible for preparing costing and labour set up for product development
• Responsible for communicating with the Sales and Marketing department regarding ingredient and/or other specifications.
• Meet with suppliers about new ingredients and materials for testing purposes
Qualifications for this position include:
• Food science engineering degree and/or Master Butcher designation.
• 3-5 years related experience in the meat industry
• Excellent technical troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
• Strong communication skills (verbal and written);
• Strong attention to detail and a proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment;
• Must be computer literate (excel, word, outlook) including an ERP system
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their resume information directly by email to email@example.com or in person at 443 Wismer Street, Waterloo. Ontario.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Piller's Fine Foods is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or any other protected factor. Piller's Fine foods is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. Please advise us if you required accommodation.
If any of these positions and the opportunity to join a progressive company interest you please forward your resume to:
Waterloo - firstname.lastname@example.org
Brantford - email@example.com
For career opportunities at the Golden Valley Farms facility, please follow the link below:
Piller’s Fine Foods will strive to provide services in a manner consistent with the principles of dignity, integration and equal opportunities. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest; however only those we wish to interview will be contacted. No telephone calls please.