Piller's Fine Foods, a division of PBOLP is one of North America’s largest producers of European sausages and deli meats, known for quality products such as Black Forest ham, air-dried salamis and meat snacks.
We are currently seeking applicants for the following positions in our Waterloo facility:
National Account Executive - Metro
As a result of our company’s continued evolution, we are currently seeking a National Account Executive in our Sales Department to join our dynamic team. This position is located in the Waterloo office and is responsible for managing and growing our Metro business.
This is a high profile role within the organization and critical to the success of Piller’s. This position will include but is not limited to managing both the Ontario and Quebec businesses, building strategic business plans for all Metro banners, managing trade spend and interacting with the vast network of Metro category, procurement and supply chain contacts.
- Achieve sales volume and margin contribution objectives
- Grow Metro business profitability through accurate management of programs and pricing
- Build a full year strategic plan for all banners within Metro
- Maintain and grow relationships with all key stakeholders by providing excellent customer service and regular interaction and communication.
- Conduct regular market visits and surveys to understand opportunities by banner
- Weekly forecasting provided to Demand Planning
- Weekly reporting of results through Retail Scorecard
- Regular interaction with Piller’s Senior Management
- Diploma or Bachelor’s degree in Business, Sales and/or Marketing
- Minimum of 5-7 years of sales experience
- Previous experience calling on Metro Ontario head office, as well as Metro Montreal is preferred
- Previous experience in the CPG industry is preferred
- Computer proficiency is required. Microsoft, XL, PPT, Precima etc.
- Comfortable presenting to and interacting within all levels at Metro
- Strong relationship building and communication skills
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Fluent in French would be considered an asset for this role
- Quarterly travel to Montreal is required
Are you passionate about food, brand marketing, and analytics? Do you enjoy storytelling and building plans from the ground up? Are you looking for an environment that values continuous learning and supports opportunities for growth?
The Marketing Manager is responsible for developing and executing marketing strategy and managing all market research across our brands and channels. Based in Waterloo Ontario and reporting to the Director of Marketing, this position is an integral part of our small, dynamic marketing team. We’re looking for a creative, energetic, and enthusiastic individual who is excited to learn and bring innovative and unique ideas from concept to implementation. If you’re a collaborative team player and a strong critical thinker focused on driving brands forward, we want to hear from you!
• Contribute in the development of marketing strategy including brand positioning, market and competitive analyses, customer segmentation, penetration plans, promotional activities, and related product positioning.
• Develop research plans and manage all market research by leveraging data and analytics to inform business decisions according to brand, market, channel, and product strategies.
• Develop, execute and evaluate consumer and trade marketing programs.
• Support sales team with customer and shopper insights through analysis of customer proprietary data to implement strategic pricing, promotion, and placement tactics with key customer partners.
• Facilitate brand and product marketing support including promotional support, sales training, presentations, and general sales support.
• Work with innovation team to identify research opportunities to support innovation process and new product pipeline.
• Support in annual business planning and long-range business plans by identifying areas where business analysis is needed to inform strategic growth plans in existing and emerging markets/channels.
Education & Experience
• University degree in Marketing, Business Administration or Commerce with a marketing concentration.
• Minimum 3 years of experience in marketing or related field.
• Experience in CPG/Grocery/Food industry is required.
• Experience in all aspects of developing and maintaining marketing strategies to meet organizational objectives.
• Proven ability to design, develop and implement strategic programs and supporting tactics.
• Experience working with various industry and data reports/tools (Nielsen, Mintel, etc.).
• Business-minded individual who understands data mining and how data and insights can be leveraged for business impact.
• Strong project management skills with demonstrated ability to multi-task, set priorities within tight timelines, and work within a budget.
• Flexible and open to changing priorities and managing multiple tasks simultaneously within compressed timeframes.
• Highly effective written, presentation, and other communication skills.
• Advanced Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, OneNote).
• Bilingual (English/French) is considered a strong asset.
• Basic knowledge of photo/image software (AcrobatPro, Illustrator, Photoshop, Flash, Publisher) is considered an asset.
Production Operators (CONTRACT)
The Production General Labourer will:
Perform manual tasks on the production line to process and package meat, assist in stuffing product, hang product on racks, manually pack goods into bags and boxes or other containers, cleaning work areas and equipment, feed and unload processing machines, check products and packaging for basic quality defects. All positions are a 9 month contract with the potential to be hired on.
· Good manual dexterity
· Team-oriented and ability to multi-task
· Good attendance record
· Physically fit and capable of performing repetitive tasks in a fast paced environment
· Must be able to work in a refrigerated environment
· Knowledge of safe food processing is an asset
· Production experience is an asset
· Be willing to work at different work stations throughout processing departments as required
· Must be able to wear steel toe boots, a hairnet, bump cap and hearing protection
- Packaging Days (1 opening) - 6:30am - 3:00pm
- Packaging Afternoons (1 opening) - 3:00pm - 11:30pm
**Please specify what shift you are apply for on your resume**
· Competitive wages
· Shift premiums
· Employee events and discounts
· Training and career opportunities
If any of these positions and the opportunity to join a progressive company interest you please forward your resume to:
Waterloo - email@example.com
Brantford - firstname.lastname@example.org
For career opportunities at the Golden Valley Farms facility, please follow the link below:
Piller’s Fine Foods will strive to provide services in a manner consistent with the principles of dignity, integration and equal opportunities. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest; however only those we wish to interview will be contacted. No telephone calls please.