Piller's Fine Foods, a division of PBOLP is one of North America’s largest producers of European sausages and deli meats, known for quality products such as Black Forest ham, air-dried salamis and meat snacks.
We are currently seeking applicants for the following positions in our Waterloo facility:
National Account Executive - Metro
As a result of our company’s continued evolution, we are currently seeking a National Account Executive in our Sales Department to join our dynamic team. This position is located in the Waterloo office and is responsible for managing and growing our Metro business.
This is a high profile role within the organization and critical to the success of Piller’s. This position will include but is not limited to managing both the Ontario and Quebec businesses, building strategic business plans for all Metro banners, managing trade spend and interacting with the vast network of Metro category, procurement and supply chain contacts.
- Achieve sales volume and margin contribution objectives
- Grow Metro business profitability through accurate management of programs and pricing
- Build a full year strategic plan for all banners within Metro
- Maintain and grow relationships with all key stakeholders by providing excellent customer service and regular interaction and communication.
- Conduct regular market visits and surveys to understand opportunities by banner
- Weekly forecasting provided to Demand Planning
- Weekly reporting of results through Retail Scorecard
- Regular interaction with Piller’s Senior Management
- Diploma or Bachelor’s degree in Business, Sales and/or Marketing
- Minimum of 5-7 years of sales experience
- Previous experience calling on Metro Ontario head office, as well as Metro Montreal is preferred
- Previous experience in the CPG industry is preferred
- Computer proficiency is required. Microsoft, XL, PPT, Precima etc.
- Comfortable presenting to and interacting within all levels at Metro
- Strong relationship building and communication skills
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Fluent in French would be considered an asset for this role
- Quarterly travel to Montreal is required
Are you passionate about food, brand marketing, and analytics? Do you enjoy storytelling and building plans from the ground up? Are you looking for an environment that values continuous learning and supports opportunities for growth?
The Marketing Manager is responsible for developing and executing marketing strategy and managing all market research across our brands and channels. Based in Waterloo Ontario and reporting to the Director of Marketing, this position is an integral part of our small, dynamic marketing team. We’re looking for a creative, energetic, and enthusiastic individual who is excited to learn and bring innovative and unique ideas from concept to implementation. If you’re a collaborative team player and a strong critical thinker focused on driving brands forward, we want to hear from you!
• Contribute in the development of marketing strategy including brand positioning, market and competitive analyses, customer segmentation, penetration plans, promotional activities, and related product positioning.
• Develop research plans and manage all market research by leveraging data and analytics to inform business decisions according to brand, market, channel, and product strategies.
• Develop, execute and evaluate consumer and trade marketing programs.
• Support sales team with customer and shopper insights through analysis of customer proprietary data to implement strategic pricing, promotion, and placement tactics with key customer partners.
• Facilitate brand and product marketing support including promotional support, sales training, presentations, and general sales support.
• Work with innovation team to identify research opportunities to support innovation process and new product pipeline.
• Support in annual business planning and long-range business plans by identifying areas where business analysis is needed to inform strategic growth plans in existing and emerging markets/channels.
Education & Experience
• University degree in Marketing, Business Administration or Commerce with a marketing concentration.
• Minimum 3 years of experience in marketing or related field.
• Experience in CPG/Grocery/Food industry is required.
• Experience in all aspects of developing and maintaining marketing strategies to meet organizational objectives.
• Proven ability to design, develop and implement strategic programs and supporting tactics.
• Experience working with various industry and data reports/tools (Nielsen, Mintel, etc.).
• Business-minded individual who understands data mining and how data and insights can be leveraged for business impact.
• Strong project management skills with demonstrated ability to multi-task, set priorities within tight timelines, and work within a budget.
• Flexible and open to changing priorities and managing multiple tasks simultaneously within compressed timeframes.
• Highly effective written, presentation, and other communication skills.
• Advanced Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, OneNote).
• Bilingual (English/French) is considered a strong asset.
• Basic knowledge of photo/image software (AcrobatPro, Illustrator, Photoshop, Flash, Publisher) is considered an asset.
- Picking and staging orders in and out of the racking system for pick up and deliveries.
- Invoicing when needed.
- Operate Walkie lifter, Fork Truck or any other lifting/moving device required to move products from pile off lanes, staging and when loading trailers for shipping.
- Must have strong attention to detail for code dates.
- Some repetitive heavy lifting is involved.
- Working knowledge of computer systems for invoicing purposes when required
- Previous experience in a related position is preferred.
- Powered Walkie and Lift Truck certification is essential, or willingness and ability to obtain one immediately.
- Excellent prior work record including attendance.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Candidates must be motivated and a self-starter.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
Monday to Friday, 1:30pm - 10:00pm
Production Operators (CONTRACT)
The Production General Labourer will:
Perform manual tasks on the production line to process and package meat, assist in stuffing product, hang product on racks, manually pack goods into bags and boxes or other containers, cleaning work areas and equipment, feed and unload processing machines, check products and packaging for basic quality defects. All positions are a 9 month contract with the potential to be hired on.
· Good manual dexterity
· Team-oriented and ability to multi-task
· Good attendance record
· Physically fit and capable of performing repetitive tasks in a fast paced environment
· Must be able to work in a refrigerated environment
· Knowledge of safe food processing is an asset
· Production experience is an asset
· Be willing to work at different work stations throughout processing departments as required
· Must be able to wear steel toe boots, a hairnet, bump cap and hearing protection
- Packaging Days (1 opening) - 6:30am - 3:00pm
- Packaging Afternoons (1 opening) - 3:00pm - 11:30pm
**Please specify what shift you are apply for on your resume**
· Competitive wages
· Shift premiums
· Employee events and discounts
· Training and career opportunities
Accounts Receivable Administrator
POSITION SUMMARY AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Post cash receipts to Customer Accounts
- Prepare daily bank deposits
- Follow up on customer overdue accounts
- Investigate discrepancies related to customer payments and resolve any differences.
- Clear customer deductions from AR accounts to appropriate GL account
- Run, review and send out AR aging reports on a weekly basis
- Process credit card payments
- Prepare manual AR invoices
- Process Credit Notes as requested
- Accounting and/or Business management diploma
- Require a minimum of 1-year full cycle Accounts Receivable experience
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment, navigating through several screens at once
- Experience working with Excel
- Detail oriented with the ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to work within tight deadlines
- Excellent customer service, time management and analytical skills
Quality Assurance Assistant (Brantford, ON)
We are currently accepting resumes for a Quality Assurance Assistant position for our meat processing facility located in Brantford, Ontario.
Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Perform a variety of internal checks in accordance with the Company’s Quality Management System standards.
- Inspect work in process to ensure quality specifications, SOP’s and SSOP’s are being followed.
- Provide guidance and input to employees regarding product specifications and quality issues.
- Performs quality inspections on raw or finished products at set frequency to ensure products are within specifications.
- Perform swabbing operations at a frequency required by the Company Quality Management System Standards.
- Performs continuous documentation of all sample, testing, check results, and initiates action for correction in conjunction with other QA staff.
- Initiates Hold tags and/or stops production when test results or checks deviate from expected results.
- Cover weekend production shifts (preops, QA checks, equipment teardown swabbing)
- Monitors and enforces Good Manufacturing Practices to employees.
Qualifications for this position include:
- Secondary school diploma or equivalent
- Post-secondary course work in Quality Assurance and/or Microbiology preferred
- A minimum 3 years working in a food processing facility
- Prior testing, laboratory, analysis experience preferred
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work effectively both as an individual and a team member
Successful applicants will be required to work 11am-7:30pm from Monday – Friday. Overtime may be required on an as needed basis.
What's in it for you?
- Competitive hourly wage
- Company paid benefit package available upon completion of probation
- Company matched pension plan after 1 year of employment
- 3-weeks vacation time after completion of 1 year of employment
- Options for purchasing Company shares
- Annual Company paid events, lunches and giveaways
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their resume directly by email to:
Or by mail or in person at:
Piller's Fine Foods
38 Middleton Street,
Brantford, ON, N3S 7V7
If any of these positions and the opportunity to join a progressive company interest you please forward your resume to:
Waterloo - email@example.com
Brantford - firstname.lastname@example.org
For career opportunities at the Golden Valley Farms facility, please follow the link below:
Piller’s Fine Foods will strive to provide services in a manner consistent with the principles of dignity, integration and equal opportunities. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest; however only those we wish to interview will be contacted. No telephone calls please.