Piller's Fine Foods, a division of PBOLP is a premier Canadian producer of the finest European-style processed meats. Our award-winning deli products are sold to grocery and restaurant chains throughout North America.
We are currently seeking applicants for the following positions in our Waterloo facility:
Industrial Electrician Day Shift (Brantford)
We are currently seeking an experienced Electrician for our day shift (6:00am-2:30pm) to troubleshoot and perform preventative maintenance in our state of the art meat processing facility in Brantford. Candidates must possess a valid Electrical license (Construction and Maintenance 309D and/or an Industrial Electrician 442A).
The position will appeal to a tradesperson who is knowledgeable in several trades and who likes a wide variety of technical challenge. The position will focus on the repair and preventative maintenance of a variety of meat processing equipment including stuffers, smokehouses, grinders and choppers. We require a skilled tradesperson with a good working knowledge of PLC’s, familiarity and aptitude with high speed equipment, sound troubleshooting and repair of electric-pneumatic controls.
The position is a full-time permanent day shift position working 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday from 6:00am to 2:30pm with occasional overtime, during the week and/or on Saturdays.
Pillers offers successful candidates with a competitive hourly wage, health benefits and a pension plan.
Senior Research & Development Technician
Under the direction of the Research and Development Manager , acts as the department’s Senior Research and Development Technician supporting the Manager in the effective operation of the department, in the development and implementation of new products and in fulfilling the overall mandates of the department in accordance with Company philosophy.
· Perform product and processing tests, including all preparations and follow-up paper work
· Maintain a R&D project tracking system
· Maintain policies and procedures in the R&D area to meet legislative and corporate standards
· Coordinate new product set-up, plant trials, first production and product launch.
· Present proposals for new product development or process improvements to Manager.
· Provide technical advice and assistance in problem solving of production issues to the company and customers.
· Establish and provide product information with regards to ingredients and other specifications for sales, marketing and customer.
· Review and sign formula and specification sheets for private label products upon approval of changes or new products.
· Meet with suppliers about new ingredients and materials for testing purposes.
· Food Science engineering degree or Master Sausage Maker with 3-5 years related experience in the meat industry and knowledge of government regulations is required.
· Excellent troubleshooting and problem solving skills
· Strong computer skills
· Excellent communication
· Previous supervisory experience is beneficial
Accounts Payable Administrator – 13 MONTH CONTRACT
We are currently seeking an Accounts Payable Administrator to join our dynamic team for a 13 month contract. This position is responsible for verifying the accuracy of invoices, allocating expenses and issue timely payments as required throughout the month.
- Investigate discrepancies related to statements or invoices and resolve any differences.
- Divide paperwork into purchase orders, packing slips, invoices and statements
- Match invoices to packing slips, code accordingly and post into computer
- Print cheques, match with invoices and mail out
- Update supporting spreadsheets for financial statements using Excel
- Month End Journal Entries and GL Account Reconciliations
- Accounting and/or Business management diploma
- Require a minimum of 1 year full cycle Accounts Payable experience
- Able to work in a fast paced environment, navigating through several screens at once
- Experience working with Excel
- Detail oriented with the ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to work within tight deadlines
- Excellent customer service, time management and analytical skills
What’s the opportunity?
The General Manager is responsible to direct and manage plant operations; production planning and maintenance to meet the company’s growth strategy.
We’re looking for a dynamic, energetic, hands on individual who is excited to bring innovative and new ideas to our manufacturing facility. The ideal candidate will be a collaborative team player who is willing to assist the Company to move forward.
- Manage the Operations, Maintenance and Production Planning Teams.
- Oversee management of production to ensure production volumes are met in a cost effective manner.
- Provide ongoing leadership and training to accomplish the Company goals and objectives.
- Recommend equipment modifications and changes necessary for company growth strategy.
- Establish and monitor overall plant performance for productions standards and quality control.
- Maintain quality assurance policies and standards to comply with government regulations.
- Ensure all staff are in compliance with internal and external Health & Safety policies.
Education & Experience
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in Food Science or Master Sausage Maker Trade.
- Minimum 5-10 years’ experience in the meat industry as a Management level.
- Experience in CPG/Grocery/Food industry is considered a strong asset.
- Strong proven leadership/management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills in order to effectively build internal and external relationships.
Senior Human Resources Generalist
Piller’s seeks a Senior Human Resources Generalist for our Brantford location with prior experience in the manufacturing industry. We are looking for a flexible, self-starting, relationship-focused, hands-on, and motivated individual, comfortable both in the plant and office environment.
Supporting the needs of approximately 110 employees in our Brantford processing plant, you will be accountable for the HR and H&S policies and programs, Payroll, Recruitment & Selection, HR Administration, Performance Management, Employee Relations, Training and Development, and Health & Safety.
- Reporting to the Human Resources Manager at our Waterloo location and the General Manager at our Brantford location, you will ensure alignment of all HR programs and practices with key business goals and objectives
- Provide coaching and consulting to both managers and employees on HR issues and challenges including performance management, employee relations, recruitment and retention strategies and compliance with employment and safety related legislation
- Provide direction to the health and safety program, including support to the Joint Health & Safety Committee and management of WSIB claims and return to work programs
- Oversee recruitment, selection and orientation of staff at all levels
- Maintain the benefit and pension programs for the division.
- Coordinate and implement training programs to provide management and staff with the skills / HR tools required to enhance performance levels
- Manage and coordinate all divisional employee functions including barbecues, banquets and picnics
Education/Professional Development/Work Experience:
- 10+ years HR experience in a manufacturing environment
- Thorough knowledge of Compensation and Benefits, Training and Development, Employee Relations, Health and Safety, HR Administration and Recruitment & Selection
- Knowledge of current HR best practices and general marketplace trends and activities
- University degree and a CHRP designation will be considered a strong asset
- Expertise in application of governmental legislation, including Employment Standards Act, Human Rights Code, WSIB, Occupational Health & Safety Act
Sanitation Worker - Afternoons
The Sanitation Worker will:
Perform sanitation tasks in the production environment including work areas and equipment adhering to the standards as set by the supervisor.
- Good manual dexterity
- Ability to work independently
- Good attendance record
- Physically fit
- Able to work in a cold environment
- Must be able to wear steel toe boots, a hairnet, bump cap and hearing protection
Monday to Friday: 2:30pm - 11:00pm
Purpose of Position:
Leads project commercialization from prototype to market. Interfaces extensively with all levels and all departments to deliver projects within the specified time line, cost and product quality attributes.
- Develop & lead Cross functional team in the development and implementation commercialization process.
- Collaborate and communicate daily with cross functional teams consisting of Sales, Marketing, Operations, Finance, Research and development, Procurement, Logistics and Quality.
- Schedule weekly/biweekly/monthly meetings as necessary to ensure team alignment with all active commercialization projects
- Facilitate the definition of project scopes, goals, tasks and resource (people and cost) requirements; resolve or assist in the resolution of conflicts within and between projects or functional groups; develop methods to monitor project progress and provide corrective action if necessary.
- Ensure that project scopes and timing take into consideration minimizing waste and reducing complexity (utilizing existing asset platforms and overall sku management) to the business champion these activities within the business.
- Ensure that suitable risk assessment and contingency planning (for relevant projects) takes place, is communicated and agreed upon by all stakeholders and is acted on if necessary to keep the project on track or to accelerate the project if the business need exists.
- Facilitate the category stage gate process; ensure all projects are properly documented and have been reviewed and agreed upon by all appropriate stakeholders; ensure project status’ are communicated to the teams in a timely matter and maintain a category project listing of all programs.
- Facilitates post commercialization review, lessons learned, captures findings and implement into on-going commercialization process
- Maintain SQF procedures as required
- Other duties as assigned
- Change and/or project management knowledge and experience
- Working knowledge of operations and supply chain principles
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent (finance, engineering, food science, marketing)
- Ability to build effective teams
- Strong communication skills and comfortable working with all levels of management
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects
- Minimum of 3- 5 years
If any of these positions and the opportunity to join a progressive company interest you please forward your resume to:
For career opportunities at the Golden Valley Farms facility, please follow the link below:
Piller’s Fine Foods will strive to provide services in a manner consistent with the principles of dignity, integration and equal opportunities. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest; however only those we wish to interview will be contacted. No telephone calls please.