Piller's Fine Foods, a division of PBOLP is a premier Canadian producer of the finest European-style processed meats. Our award-winning deli products are sold to grocery and restaurant chains throughout North America.
We are currently seeking applicants for the following positions in our Waterloo facility:
Accounts Payable Administrator
As a result of our company’s continued growth we are currently seeking an Accounting Administrator to join our dynamic team. This position is located in the Kitchener/Waterloo area and is responsible for verifying the accuracy of invoices, allocating expenses and issue timely payments as required throughout the month.
- Processing of accounts payables invoices in fully integrated ERP system
- Investigate discrepancies related to statements or invoices and resolve any differences.
- Print cheques, match with invoices and mail out
- Bank reconciliations
- GL reconciliations
- Prepare month end journal entries
- Other accounting tasks as required
- Accounting and/or Business management diploma
- Require a minimum of 2 years full cycle Accounting experience
- Experience with a large ERP system
- Able to work in a fast paced environment, navigating through several screens at once
- Strong experience working with Excel
- Detail oriented with the ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to work within tight deadlines
- Excellent customer service, time management and analytical skills
If this position and the opportunity to join a progressive company interests you please forward your resume and salary expectations by Tuesday, May 22, 2018
PILLER’S FINE FOODS, A DIVISION OF PBOLP
443 Wismer Street
WATERLOO, ON, N2J 4A4
Fax: (519) 743-7111
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest, however only those we wish to interview will be contacted. No telephone calls please.
Senior Research & Development Technician
Under the direction of the Research and Development Manager , acts as the department’s senior research and development technician supporting the Manager in the effective operation of the department, in the development and implementation of new products and in fulfilling the overall mandates of the department in accordance with Company philosophy.
· Perform product and processing tests, including all preparations and follow-up paper work
· Maintain a R&D project tracking system
· Maintain policies and procedures in the R&D area to meet legislative and corporate standards
· Coordinate new product set-up, plant trials, first production and product launch.
· Present proposals for new product development or process improvements to Manager.
· Provide technical advice and assistance in problem solving of production issues to the company and customers.
· Establish and provide product information with regards to ingredients and other specifications for sales, marketing and customer.
· Review and sign formula and specification sheets for private label products upon approval of changes or new products.
· Meet with suppliers about new ingredients and materials for testing purposes.
· Food Science engineering degree or Master Sausage Maker with 3-5 years related experience in the meat industry and knowledge of government regulations is required.
· Excellent troubleshooting and problem solving skills
· Strong computer skills
· Excellent communication
· Previous supervisory experience is beneficial
Summer Students - Production
Perform manual tasks on the production line to process and package meat, assist in stuffing product, hang product on racks, manually pack goods into bags and boxes or other containers, cleaning work areas and equipment, feed and unload processing machines, check products and packaging for basic quality defects.
· Good manual dexterity
· Team-oriented and ability to multi-task
· Good attendance record
· Physically fit and capable of performing repetitive tasks in a fast paced environment
· Must be able to work in a refrigerated environment
· Knowledge of safe food processing is an asset
· Production experience is an asset
· Be willing to work at different work stations throughout processing departments as required
· Must be able to wear steel toe boots, a hairnet, bump cap and hearing protection
Must be able to work from May 7th until August 31st
Hours are Monday to Friday, 6:00am – 2:30pm, occasional overtime to fulfill production demands
If any of these positions and the opportunity to join a progressive company interest you please forward your resume to:
For career opportunities at the Golden Valley Farms facility, please follow the link below:
Piller’s Fine Foods will strive to provide services in a manner consistent with the principles of dignity, integration and equal opportunities. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest; however only those we wish to interview will be contacted. No telephone calls please.