Piller's Fine Foods, a division of PBOLP is one of North America’s largest producers of European sausages and deli meats, known for quality products such as Black Forest ham, air-dried salamis and meat snacks.
We are currently seeking applicants for the following positions in our Waterloo facility:
Millwright - Afternoon Shift
We are seeking an experienced Millwright on our afternoon shift to troubleshoot and perform preventative maintenance in our state-of-the-art meat processing facility. Candidates must possess a valid Millwright license (443A).
- Maintain, repair, and troubleshoot manufacturing equipment
- Perform day to day preventative maintenance, machine diagnostics and general equipment and building repair.
- Pneumatic and Hydraulics troubleshooting and repair
- Develop and facilitate maintenance best practices and equipment improvement efforts
- Provide on-call assistance as necessary
- PLC Troubleshooting an asset
- Ability to weld and fabricate with stainless steel as required
- Other tasks assigned by the Maintenance Supervisor as required
- Licensed Millwright 3-5 years’ experience in Food Manufacturing
- Familiarity with reading electrical prints, for basic troubleshooting in breakdown situations
- Familiarity with industrial meat processing machine operation
- Experience with PM repair of hydraulic and pneumatic systems
- Basic knowledge of Allen Bradley, Omron, Siemens and other PLC would be an asset
- Strong knowledge of Health & Safety requirements
- Must be a self-starter
- Must be able to work under pressure to solve emergency maintenance issues
- Organized and able to prioritize issues
- Ability to meet changing requirements and deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Excellent problem solving, and communication skills
- Must be a team player and highly motivated individual
HOURS: MONDAY TO FRIDAY, 2:30PM – 11:00PM
The position is a full-time permanent afternoon shift position working 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday from 2:30pm to 11:00pm with occasional overtime, during the week and/or on Saturdays.
What's in it for you?
- Competitive wages
- Company paid benefit package available upon completion of probation period
- Company matched pension plan after 1 year of employment
- 3 weeks vacation time after completion of 1 year of employment
- Options for purchasing company shares
- Annual company paid events, lunches and giveaways
- Piller’s products sold to employees at a discounted price
- We would like to thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Piller's Fine Foods is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or any other protected factor. Piller's Fine Foods is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. Please advise us if you require accommodation.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: From $32.00 per hour
Piller’s Fine Foods, a Division of Premium Brands Operating Limited Partnership, is a premier Canadian producer of the finest European-style processed meats with state-of-the-art production facilities throughout Ontario. Our award-winning deli products under the Piller’s brand are sold to grocery and restaurant chains throughout North America.
We are currently accepting resumes for an Export / Inventory Coordinator for our Distribution Center located in Waterloo, Ontario.
The Export Inventory Coordinators is responsible for performing tasks that involve coordinating with sales, logistics, and demand planning for the export of products to the United States or potentially other countries.
Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Coordinating the export of product inspections and paperwork sign off with the CFIA.
- Notifying border personnel of delivery times for when products will be crossing the border.
- Notifying US customers of any products held at the border for testing, evaluation and when released.
- Prepare and send R&D samples via Notice of Intent or Commercially.
- Spot check physical inventory as requested
- Perform inventory cycle counts on a scheduled basis
- Periodic validation of externally held inventory
- Assist with stock returns, writing up return forms once carrier has delivered
- Working with various carriers ensuring US pickups and deliveries are made on time, following up with customer for accurate ETA’s
- Maintaining constant communication with internal and external contacts to keep the process moving efficiently and successfully.
- Arranging for CFIA inspections and being available/present during inspections.
- Prepare all Export documentation
- Working in compliance with NAFTA product listing and agreement.
- Preparing for the inspections of products by maintaining accurate documentation for each lot of export.
- Assisting QA with any potential withdrawal or recall of products.
Qualifications for this position include:
- Minimum College Diploma in Business, Logistics or equivalent or a minimum of two years hands on experience within the industry
- Proficient Computer skills
- Able to work under minimal supervision, as well as with a team.
- Ability to make decisions independently
- Ability to work under pressure
- Able to set priorities and work to meet pre-determined objectives.
- Able to effectively communicate with others.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their resume information directly by email to email@example.com or in person at 443 Wismer Street, Waterloo. Ontario.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Piller's Fine Foods is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or any other protected factor. Piller's Fine foods is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. Please advise us if you required accommodation.
If any of these positions and the opportunity to join a progressive company interest you please forward your resume to:
Waterloo - firstname.lastname@example.org
Brantford - email@example.com
For career opportunities at the Golden Valley Farms facility, please follow the link below:
Piller’s Fine Foods will strive to provide services in a manner consistent with the principles of dignity, integration and equal opportunities. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest; however only those we wish to interview will be contacted. No telephone calls please.